Thursday, May 26, 2011

5/26/11 AM

I get on the bus this morning, and our friend "Babe" (Twins vendor) is sitting up front. Doreen and I comment to each other - only each other - about the weather and Babe from several rows up joins in on the conversation. For every additional person who gets on the bus, she strikes up some sort of conversation. Eventually, when the seat next to hers is the only one available, a young, nice-looking man gets on and sits next to her and she starts talking with him, her demeanor obviously in a flirtatious kind of way. I almost feel bad for him. Almost.

Some grumpy dood gets on at Northtown, puts in his transfer into the card reader and says something snotty to the bus driver. The card reader holds onto his transfer for a little longer than usual. Finally, when it comes back, he snatches it and stomps towards the back of the bus, talking in tongues. I pray softly that he doesn't sit next to me. Thank God he walks past.

No comments:

Post a Comment